Information Related to Coronavirus Disease - COVID-19
A message from Dr. Liu, Imperial Medical Director
Hi I’m Dr David Liu,
I’m here to speak to you about the coronavirus vaccine.
Getting vaccinated protects both you and others. While the vaccines don’t protect against getting infected or a mild case, they do protect about serious cases and death. This protection is important for people who aren’t vaccinated, and for getting the pandemic under control. Although it may be that we never completely eradicate the virus, we can hopefully reduce it to the level of the flu or a common cold, depending on the combination of people who were infected and people who get vaccinated.
SARS-CoV-2, or the novel coronavirus, causes the disease COVID-19. This disease has caused over 400,000 deaths in the US as of February 2021, and infected 27.4 million people. Worldwide, more than 2.3 million people have died, and 107 million have been infected.
- Everyone needs to be vaccinated because that is the only way that we can get to herd immunity, and to some sort of normalcy.
- The most common side effects from the corona virus vaccine are muscle aches and tiredness.
- Some people are concerned that getting a coronavirus vaccine will alter their DNA. The vaccines cannot do this.
- The vaccine is not a live coronavirus so that you can’t get COVID-19 infection from the vaccine.
- Women who are pregnant or breastfeeding should ask their obstetrician.
- Some people are worried that the vaccines were rushed, and not given enough time for testing for whether they work and potential side effects. Although the processes for the emergency use approval and production were records for vaccines, the actual testing protocol, from stages one through three, was not rushed. Enough time was given to each stage to ensure that the vaccine was safe and works. Also, there was no successful political involvement in the approval process.
For more questions, please contact your primary care provider.
Click here for FAQs about the COVID-19 vaccination from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC).
Click here to keep up with the important work the Task Force is doing in response to COVID-19.
Click here for a complete and updated list of CMS actions, guidance, and other information in response to COVID-19.
- 10.15.20 Waiver of Premiums Related to COVID-19 Permissive Actions (CMS) [PDF, 77KB]
- Medicare real time updates
- 04.23.20 COVID-19 News Alert (CMS) [PDF, 80KB]
- 04.22.20 COVID-19 Health Workforce Challenges Tool Kit (CMS) [PDF, 49KB]
- 04.21.20 COVID-19 News Alert (CMS) [PDF, 75KB]
- 04.13.20 COVID-19 FAQs Implementation of FFCRA & CARES Acts [PDF, 108KB]
- 04.10.20 Applicability of Diagnoses from Telehealth Services for Risk Adjustment (CMS) [PDF, 31KB]
- 04.07.20 Letter to Clinicians (CMS) [PDF, 284KB]
- 04.07.20 Non-Emergent, Elective Medical Services, and Treatment Recommendations (CMS) [PDF, 166KB]
- 04.02.20 COVID-19 Long-Term Care Facility Guidance (CMS) [PDF, 95KB]
- 03.23.20 COVID-19 Medicare Provider Enrollment Relief FAQs (CMS) [PDF, 474KB]
- COVID-19 Blanket Waivers for Health Care Providers (CMS) [PDF, 330KB]
- 03.30.20 Fact Sheet of Accelerated & Advance Payments During COVID-19 [PDF, 100KB]
- 03.25.20 Long-term Care Nursing Homes Telehealth and Telemedicine Tool Kit [PDF, 808KB]
- CLIA Guidance During COVID-19 FAQs [PDF, 74KB]
- 03.22.20 Quality Payment Program – COVID-19 Response [PDF, 298KB]
- Silver & Fit Home Facebook Live Classes [PDF, 187KB]
- 03.23.20 Liberty Dental Plan TeleHealth Update [PDF, 589KB]
- 03.20.20 Imperial COVID-19 FAQs for Members & Providers [PDF, 152KB]
- 03.20.20 General Provider Telehealth and Telemedicine Tool Kit [PDF, 674KB]
- Guidance for Infection Control and Prevention of COVID-19 in Nursing Homes (CMS) [PDF, 152KB]
- 03.16.20 15 Days to slow the spread (CDC) [PDF, 1MB]
- Adult Elective Surgery and Procedures Recommendations (CMS) [PDF, 144KB]
- COVID-19 Emergency Declaration Fact Sheet for Medicare Appeals [PDF, 68KB]
- 03.12.20 COVID-19 Test Pricing (MAC) [PDF, 95KB]
- 03.20.20 Minimizing Face-to-Face Contact for Medication Delivery or Dispensing (CMS) [PDF, 71KB]
- 03.17.20 Medicare Telehealth Frequently Asked Questions(FAQs) [PDF, 111KB]
- List of Medicare Telehealth Services [XLSX, 15KB]
- Compliant List of Medicare Telehealth Services [CSV, 7KB]
- Memo from Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS) [PDF, 296KB]